I hope everyone has enjoyed a wonderful week so far. Today I would like to share a card I created in keeping with this weeks challenge theme – Winter Whites. But, before we get to my card, I hope you all have had an opportunity to check out the fantastic inspiration that has been posted on both the Cheery Lynn Inspiration Blog and here on our Challenge Blog this week by some of my fellow DT members. They have posted some definite beauties that you just don’t want to miss!
For my card today, I wanted to show you one of my favorite shapes to make. I just love this fancy fold. I think it’s because it reminds me of opening a present for some reason LOL!… I also like it because it’s different and has a little flair. To give my card more of that “Vintage” flavor, I added some light distressing which seemed to do the trick leaving a slightly antique look and feel.
Here are some pretty straight-forward instructions on how you can get this fold. Just a FYI – the card measures 6.5″ wide by 7.5″ high.
1. Cut a piece of cardstock 6.5″ x 7.5″ for the base
2. Cut 2 pieces of cardstock 7″ by 7″ for the folding flaps
3. Cut a piece of cardstock 6″ x 7″ for the inside of the card
4. Score both the 7″ x 7″ pieces at 3″ and 6″
5. Attach the 1″ piece of the panels you just scored to each side of the 6″ x 7″ inside. When you are done you will have one large piece that you simply attach to the base
6. Decorate and enjoy!
Here’s a list of the dies used for this project:
I hope you can find some time to visit the challenge this week and put in your entry where the theme is Winter Whites! With your entry you will have a chance to win a $20.00 shopping spree at Cheery Lynn Designs!