Hi there Core Fans! It’s Joann here with you and today. This month we are featuring projects made with the fabulous Core Vellum and Core Vellum Quotes and today I decided to combine both for you for this particular project 🙂 This was my first time using Core Vellum and I must tell you it’s a pleasure to work with. In the past when I’ve used regular vellum I have not had a lot of success with heat embossing… Not the case with Core. Your heat embossing works like a charm. I will never use any other vellum again now…
here is pic of what the Luminaire looks like with the flameless candle turned on.
Butterfly Luminaire Supplies:
- Coredinations Vellum Baby Pink – GX-2300-98
- Coredinations Vellum Gold Metallic – GX-2300-94
- Coredinations Vellum – GX-1810-10
- Coredinations Core Essentials Pastels Cardstock
- Coredinations Inspirational Vellum Quotes
- Core Basics 80 lb White Cardstock
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Darice Nesting Rectangles Embossing Essentials Die
- Spellbinders Butterfly Magic Die
- Spellbinders Dainty Dots Embossing Folder
- Spellbinders Les Papillions Two Die
- Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms PreCut Set – HCPC 3608
- Heartfelt Creations Arianna Blooms Die – HCD 748
- Party Pink Embossing Powder
- Liquid Adhesive
- Silhouette Cameo
To make this project follow these steps.
Start by cutting a piece of White cardstock 11″ x 6 1/4″ and using the Spellbinders Butterfly Magic Die cut out your pattern. For the best possible box use the Core Basics 80 lb or 110 lb. card stock! Next, taking a piece of Coredinations Vellum Baby Pink in the same size, emboss it using the Spellbinders Dainty Dots Embossing Folder. Once the vellum is embossed, attach the vellum to the White cardstock and then roll into a circle. Note: try to curve your cardstock prior to attaching it in a circle. This will allow the project to hold the shape better.
Using the Darice Nesting Rectangles Embossing Essentials Die, cut out the Vellum quote and the paper using the next larger size. The flowers are stamped using Versamark and Party Pink Embossing Powder and heat embossed prior to die cutting them out.
Finally, layer on your pieces and decorate the box as desired..
Thanks for stopping by for a peek… Have a wonderful day my crafty friends!