Hi Core Fans! It’s Joann here with you today. With Mother’s Day fast approaching I wanted to create a pretty flower for the Mother that might not necessarily have that “green thumb.” I am also featuring the new Party Mixers collection which is a lot of fun. So many possibilities!
Flower Pot and Flower Supplies:
- Core Basics White 80lb Cardstock
- Core Spotted Jillian Dot Cardstock
- Core Paper Rosettes Party Mixers GX-2500-62
- Core Paper Flower Kit Party Mixers GX-2500-45
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Spellbinders Floral Assortment
- Spellbinders Branching Out
- Heartfelt Creations HCD 752 Cut Mat Create 2B Die
- Stampendous Mother’s Day
- Impression Obsession Bloom
- Liquid Adhesive
- Bling From My Stash
- Silhouette 3d Terra Cotta Pot – Design ID #44210
- Silhouette Cameo
To make this project follow these steps.
Start by cutting the pieces for your flower pot out of Core Spotted Jillian Dot Cardstock.
Tip: When making 3D projects I find it best to use a heavy weight cardstock. Core cardstock, both the single sheets as well as the packaged booklets, are absolutely perfect in weight. They not only stand up well but also allow you to have a nicely defined scor line. You want that nice sharp edge to show off your beautiful work!!
Scor on the scor lines and fold all of the pieces making sure to use your bone folder for a nice sharp line.
Join the side pieces to the larger rim piece. The upper edge of the side is glued to the underside edge of rim.
Allow time for the glue to dry, attach the side pieces together.
Finish off the bottom by gluing in the base and then place the tabs, 1 panel at a time, through the slots to finish the flower pot.
Finally, finish decorating as desired 🙂
Thanks for stopping by for a peek… Have a wonderful day my crafty friends!