Hello again everyone,
It’s Joann here again with another fun project for you. Today I would like to show you a card idea that also incorporates a slide-out drawer for a gift.
The idea came from a card that I recently did that held 4 tea lights. You can see it here. I wanted to create something to hold more than 4 tea lights but you can customize it to hold whatever you desire by simply altering the size of the drawer.
Here is my finished project:
And here is what it looks like open
And as a bonus there is a surprise inside
To make this card follow these simple instructions:
1. Start with a piece of 7 ¾ x 7 ¾ cardstock and with the card stock placed on the Right side of your Scor-Pal (I like to score from the right side, I find it easier) scor on the 10 ½ and 11 ¼ marks on all 4 sides and then discard the shaded portions.
2. Using another piece of card stock 6 5/8 x 12 inches, place the card stock with the sort side up and scor on the 7/8 and 1 ¾ marks. Next rotate the card stock and scor on the 4 7/8, 5 ¾, 10 5/8 and 11 ½ marks and then discard the shaded portions. Since some of the scor marks are not on the Scor-Pal you will have to move your paper so that where you want to scor matches up with one of the channels.
3. To form the drawer, simply fold on the scor lines to make the sides and glue the tabs to the adjacent side for the box. I like to make an extra flap that I fold down so that the edges of the box is 2 layers thick for extra strength.
4. Next to form the sleeve, I designed it so that only one side was open. Simply fold on the shorter scor lines to make the sleeve and glue the end with the extra flaps shut. This way your drawer will not fall out by accident. In order for the drawer to slide in and out easily I added 1/8 inches to each section so as long as you add a little more for the sleeve you can customize this for anything that you want.
5. To make the card portion I cut my die twice. Then cut a strip of paper 4 ¾ x 2 ¾ inches and scor it on the short side at 1 and then 1¾ marks. This will allow the card top and bottom to wrap around the drawer. Placed the drawer so that you have to open the card to open the drawer so it does not open by accident.
I also decided to make this an easel card for a little more punch but this is totally up to you : ) Whatever you decide, have fun with it!
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and I hope you can come back and visit again soon!