Hi there fellow Craft Hoarders! I am once again super excited to be back for my second guest design spot for Gloria Stengel’s Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge. Today is all about keeping true to the theme of this lovely blog! Everything that I used for my project was from my hoarded stash of supplies 🙂 There are certain things that I hate to part with like some of my paper, ornate vintage embellishments but when I manage to create something like this Vintage Keepsake Box it actually makes it sooo much easier! I think this lovely little box is just perfect to give to my wonderful Grandmother for Christmas this year.
Tag Archives: Guest Designer
Hello again everyone,
It’s Joann here again with something that I hope you will like. Unfortunately this is my last post as a GD for Scor-pal. I have had a blast creating fun projects for all of you and hopefully we will cross paths out there in blog land some time soon.
Now, on to the fun stuff, today I am going to show you how to make a Keepsake Box.
I used the drawer from my Scor-Pal Card with Gift Post and added a box on the top for 2 levels.
To make this Keepsake Box follow these simple instructions:
1. Build the drawer and sleve from the Scor-Pal Card with Gift Post.
2. Take a piece of 12 x 12 cardstock and scor on the 1 ½, 3 ½, 8 ½ and 10 ½ marks on both sides and then discard the portions marked with the X.
3. Using another piece of card stock 9 x 5 inches, place the card stock with the 9 inch side up and scor on the 2 and 7 inch marks. This will be your lid. To make the design for the flap I found a die that I liked and traced out the shape and fussy cut it out.
4. Form the top box and when complete attach the top box to the bottom sleve.
5. To hide the gap between the 2 pieces, I wrapped the sides with DP and them attach the lid. I used magnets to keep the lid closed. If you would like to do the same, glue the magnets in place before covering with DP so that the magnet is hidden.
6. To finish off the top and bottom I used the 2 largest dies from the Cheery Lynn XL-3 – Square Inverted Scalloped and layered them.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and I hope you can come back and visit again soon!